We are looking for a translation Project Coordinator to join our dynamic team of project managers in a busy translation company specialising in the Nordic languages and English.
Managing a wide variety of translation projects and using the latest translation environment technology, this is a fantastic opportunity. If you want to gain experience in the translation industry works, there’s no better place to work.
Job in brief
Role: Project Coordinator
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Start date: Flexible – to be discussed with successful applicant
- Valuable on-the-job training in project management/translation software and processes
- Open and friendly Nordic company culture
- Chance to make friends and industry connections in Bulgaria, the UK and the Nordic countries
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion
Working alongside our project management or language teams, you will be a spider in the web, managing multilingual translation projects from client quotation to scoping and preparing projects, sourcing suppliers and overseeing the translation process from start to finish.
You will be trained for and use a multitude of translation environment tools, workflows and processes, and benefit from being at the cutting edge of technological developments in the translation industry.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Receiving, assessing, scheduling and confirming each new project, preparing it for translation and setting it up in Sandberg’s proprietary in-house project management database
- Using your problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Thinking on your feet and making key decisions at every stage of the project
- Preparing and optimising projects using appropriate technology and workflows
- Interacting and building relationships with translators
- Planning and scheduling project timelines
- Supporting translators and revisers in the translation process
- Delivering satisfactory, completed work on time, to the client’s specifications
- Collaborating with other teams and departments across Sandberg
Skills and experience
- University degree
- Fluency in English
- Excellent IT skills
- Positive, helpful and flexible attitude
- Ability to learn and apply new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Developed problem-solving and logical thinking skills
- Interest and knowledge of the translation industry
- Great customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Nordic languages
- Degree in Translation Studies
- Knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Experience in project management
Sandberg is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re ISO 17100-certified and have a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic excellence.
Our work environment is stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills. Find out more about what it’s like to work at Sandberg here.
Sound like the first step towards your future career? Click the button below to complete your application online.