We are looking for a translation project coordinator to join our dynamic team of project managers in a busy translation company specialising in the Nordic languages and English.
Managing a wide variety of translation projects and using the latest translation environment technology, this is a fantastic opportunity. If you want to gain experience in the translation industry works, there’s no better place to work.
Working alongside our project management or language teams, you will be a spider in the web, managing multilingual translation projects from client quotation to scoping and preparing projects, sourcing suppliers and overseeing the translation process from start to finish.
You will be trained for and use a multitude of translation environment tools, workflows and processes, and benefit from being at the cutting edge of technological developments in the translation industry.
Applications for both full-time permanent roles and fixed-term student roles are considered.
Your daily tasks will include:
- receiving, assessing, scheduling and confirming each new project, preparing it for translation and setting it up in STP’s proprietary in-house project management database
- using your problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- thinking on your feet and making key decisions at every stage of the project
- preparing and optimising projects using appropriate technology and workflows
- interacting and building relationships with translators
- planning and scheduling project timelines
- supporting translators and revisers in the translation process
- delivering satisfactory, completed work on time, to the client’s specifications
- collaborating with other teams and departments across STP
Skills and Experience
- university degree (or studying for one)
- fluency in English
- excellent IT skills
- positive, helpful and flexible attitude
- ability to learn and apply new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- developed problem-solving and logical thinking skills
- interest and knowledge of the translation industry
- great customer service skills
- knowledge of the Nordic languages
- degree in Translation Studies
- knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- experience in project management