How would you like to get first-hand experience at one of the world’s top Nordic translation companies? We’re STP – a leading international language service provider – and we’re excited to be offering a 3-month Norwegian translator internship in our dedicated Account Linguist® team.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to live and work in the UK. If you arrive before the end of 2020, it’s just as easy as moving to any EU country: no visa required. We’re a company of international, outward-looking professionals – and it helps that our founder is a Dane and our managing director a Finn.
If you’re a student currently pursuing a BA or MA in Translation and want to learn how translation works in the real world, then this role is for you. We offer training and experience working on real jobs – giving you a leg up over your student peers.
Our Account Linguists® are dedicated translators who interact directly with our clients. Excellence in your native language, attention to detail and a friendly client-focused attitude are all must-haves in this role.
STP is a language service provider serving other global translation agencies, delivering a high-quality service between English and the Nordic languages, working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Job in brief
Role: Norwegian Account Linguist – Internship
Location: Whiteley (Hampshire), United Kingdom
Timeframe: Three months within the period May/June-August 2020 – exact date to be confirmed with successful applicant
- Valuable on-the-job training in translation software and processes
- Open and friendly Nordic company culture
- Chance to make friends and industry connections in the UK and your home country
- Future employment opportunities for high performers at the end of your internship
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion
Working in a team of Nordic translators, you’ll translate and localise content for one of STP’s key accounts, from one of the world’s most recognisable brands.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Translation (English into Norwegian)
- Revision (English into Norwegian)
- Reviewing feedback
- Other linguistic tasks assigned to you as requirements arise
- Collaboration with other linguists, teams and departments across STP
You’ll be trained to:
- Use a multitude of software tools, including translation environment tools
- Use a host of linguistic resources dedicated to serving the high-profile and specific localisation needs of our client’s brand
- Follow different translation workflows for different project types
- Understand different translation and quality control processes
You’ll benefit from STP’s position at the forefront of technological developments in the translation industry.
Expected skills and experience
- Undergraduate (and/or postgraduate) degree in language or translation studies
- Native speaker of Norwegian
- Fluency in English
- Positive, helpful and agile attitude
- Ability to learn new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Great teamwork skills
- Excellent IT skills
Knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools is a significant advantage but not a prerequisite.
GBP 1,500/month. You may also be eligible to apply for Erasmus+ funding to support your costs of living.
You’ll be based at STP’s head office in Whiteley, Hampshire. The office is commutable from the coastal cities of Portsmouth and Southampton and is under two hours from London by train. Gatwick Airport, which has direct routes to the Nordic countries, is also just 90 minutes away by train.
STP is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re ISO 17100- certified and have a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic excellence.
Our work environment is stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills.
Sound like the first step towards your future career? Send your CV (in English) to email@example.com and request an application form.