We’re Sandberg, a leading international language service provider. We provide professional translation and localisation services to our clients, helping them communicate their message to new audiences.
If you are a native East Greenlandic speaker, have a flair for languages, and you’re interested in freelance translation work that can be completed online from home, then we’d love to hear from you! For this work, you don’t have to be a qualified translator, though translation study and/or experience is an advantage.
We are looking for people who:
- are native speakers of East Greenlandic
- can collaborate with us remotely as independent freelance contractors
- have a good grasp of linguistics (understand the terminology around grammar and semantics)
- have attention to detail (spelling, punctuation, spacing, formatting, special characters)
- are flexible
- are fast learners and good at picking up new technology
- have solid English language skills
Your tasks will include:
- Translation (English into East Greenlandic)
- Revision (English into East Greenlandic)
- Other linguistic tasks offered to you as requirements arise
We will expect you to:
- Use a multitude of software tools, including translation environment tools (experience of these tools is an advantage)
- Use a host of linguistic resources
- Follow different translation workflows for different project types
- Understand different translation and quality control processes
Duration and workload
- Before being approved, we’ll test you with an aptitude test
- Once in our community, you’ll be offered projects on an ad hoc basis
- You should be prepared for fluctuation in volume of tasks
Sandberg is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re a solution partner experienced in tailored translation, transcreation and localisation services. We use our experience to find innovative ways to face your multilingual communication challenges.