How would you like to work at one of the world’s top Nordic translation companies? We’re Sandberg – a leading international language service provider – and we’re excited to be offering a full-time job opportunity as Danish Translator.
If you have a BA or MA in the field of languages and translation and want to work with translation in the real world, then this role is for you. We offer training and experience to help you establish yourself in your translation career.
Our in-house translators work for a diverse and exciting range of clients and industries, providing an excellent grounding in a wide-range of translation skills. Excellence in your native language, attention to detail and a friendly client-focused attitude are all must-haves in this role.
Sandberg is a language service provider serving other global translation agencies, delivering a high-quality service between English and the Nordic languages, working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Job in brief
Role: Danish Translator (from English or German to Danish)
Start date: Flexible – to be discussed with successful applicant
This role is a full-time and permanent salaried in-house position and is not freelance or contract work. If you are interested in freelance work instead, please register your interest at: https://stptrans.com/become-a-freelancer/
- Valuable on-the-job training in translation software and processes
- Open and friendly Nordic company culture
- Chance to make friends and industry connections in the UK and your home country
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion
Working in a team of Nordic translators, you’ll translate and localise content for Sandberg’s diverse client base, including the world’s most recognisable brands.
Your regular tasks will include:
- Translation (English or German into Danish)
- Revision (English or German into Danish)
- Other linguistic tasks assigned to you as requirements arise
- Collaboration with other linguists, teams and departments across Sandberg
You’ll be trained to:
- Use a multitude of software tools, including translation environment tools
- Use a host of linguistic resources
- Follow different translation workflows for different project types
- Understand different translation and quality control processes
You’ll benefit from Sandberg’s position at the forefront of technological developments in the translation industry.
Expected skills and experience
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in language or translation studies
- Native speaker of Danish
- Fluency in English
- The ability to translate from German as well as from English is highly preferable
- Positive, helpful and agile attitude
- Ability to learn new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Great teamwork skills
- Excellent IT skills
Knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools is a significant advantage but not a prerequisite.
Sandberg is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re ISO 17100-certified and have a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic excellence.
Our work environment is stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills. Find out more about what it’s like to work at Sandberg here.
Sound like the first step towards your future career? Click the button below to complete your application online.