How would you like to get first-hand experience at one of the world’s top Nordic translation companies? We’re Sandberg – a leading international language service provider – and we’re excited to be offering a 3-month Danish translation internship.
If you’re a student currently pursuing a BA or MA in Translation and want to learn how translation works in the real world, then this role is for you. We offer training and experience working on real jobs – giving you a leg up over your student peers.
Sandberg is a language service provider serving other global translation agencies, delivering a high-quality service between English and the Nordic languages, working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Job in brief
Role: Translation – Internship
Location: Remote (based in your home country)
Timeframe: Duration and timeframe to be discussed with the successful applicant
- Valuable on-the-job training in translation software and processes
- Open and friendly Nordic company culture
- Chance to make friends and industry connections in the UK and your home country
- Future employment opportunities for high performers at the end of your internship
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion
Working in a team of Nordic translators, you’ll translate and localise content for Sandberg’s diverse client base, including the world’s most recognisable brands. Your daily tasks will include:
- Translation (English into Danish)
- Revision (English into Danish)
- Reviewing feedback
- Other linguistic tasks assigned to you as requirements arise
- Collaboration with other linguists, teams and departments across Sandberg
You’ll be trained to:
- Use a multitude of software tools, including translation environment tools
- Use a host of linguistic resources dedicated to serving the high-profile and specific localisation needs of our client’s brand
- Follow different translation workflows for different project types
- Understand different translation and quality control processes
You’ll benefit from Sandberg’s position at the forefront of technological developments in the translation industry.
Expected skills and experience
- Undergraduate (and/or postgraduate) degree in language or translation studies
- Native speaker of Danish
- Fluency in English
- Positive, helpful and agile attitude
- Ability to learn new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Great teamwork skills
- Excellent IT skills
Knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools is a significant advantage but not a prerequisite.
You’ll be based remotely in your home country.
Sandberg is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re ISO 17100-certified and have a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic excellence.
Our work environment is stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills. Find out more about what it’s like to work at Sandberg here.
Sound like the first step towards your future career? Click the button below to complete your application online.