How would you like to work at one of the world’s top Nordic translation companies? We’re Sandberg – a leading international language service provider – and we’re excited to be offering a full-time job opportunity in our dedicated Account Linguist™ team.
If you have a BA or MA in the field of languages, translation, communication or journalism and want to work with translation in the real world, then this role is for you. We offer training and experience to help you establish yourself in your translation career.
Our Account Linguists™ are dedicated translators who interact directly with our clients. Excellence in your native language, attention to detail and a friendly client-focused attitude are all must-haves in this role.
Sandberg is a language service provider serving other global translation agencies, delivering a high-quality service between English and the Nordic languages, working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Job in brief
Role: Danish Account Linguist
Location: Usually Whiteley (Hampshire), United Kingdom but due to current COVID-19 restrictions in the UK, currently remote
Start date: Flexible – to be discussed with successful applicant
- Valuable on-the-job training in translation software and processes
- Open and friendly Nordic company culture
- Chance to make friends and industry connections in the UK and your home country
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion
Working in a team of Nordic translators, you’ll translate and localise content for one of Sandberg’s key accounts, from one of the world’s most recognisable brands. You’ll project manage your client’s requests and prepare the assignments for translation.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Translation (English into Danish)
- Revision (English into Danish)
- Reviewing feedback
- Other linguistic tasks assigned to you as requirements arise
- Project management and project preparation
- Collaboration with other linguists, teams and departments across Sandberg
You’ll be trained to:
- Use a multitude of software tools, including translation environment tools
- Use a host of linguistic resources dedicated to serving the high-profile and specific localisation needs of our client’s brand
- Follow different translation workflows for different project types
- Understand different translation and quality control processes
You’ll benefit from Sandberg’s position at the forefront of technological developments in the translation industry.
Expected skills and experience
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in languages, translation, communication or journalism
- Native speaker of Danish
- Fluency in English
- Positive, helpful and agile attitude
- Ability to learn new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Great teamwork skills
- Excellent IT skills
Knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools is a significant advantage but not a prerequisite.
Usually, you would be based in Whiteley, Hampshire on the UK’s south coast. However, due to current COVID-19 restrictions in the UK, the role will currently be based remotely. Please feel free to contact us to discuss.
Sandberg is a UK-based company with staff in the UK, Bulgaria and the Nordic countries. We’re ISO 17100-certified and have a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic excellence.
Our work environment is stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills. Find out more about what it’s like to work at Sandberg here.
Sound like the first step towards your future career? Click the button below to complete your application online.